Re: DNS Communication

Hi,

AFAIK, a dns master server will not send any notifications to slaves. A
slave server lookup for an updated zone data according to it's refresh time
( mentioned in SOA). When a slave contacts master for a zone data, it first
ask for the serial number on the data, if the slave's serial number for this
zone is lower than the master's, then slave's zone data is out of date. So
slave pulls a new copy of zone( an AXFR transfer).

Whenever you update the master's database, you should bumb the serial number
as well.