Re: xen vm not keeping date/time properly

9.2.2.2 says xen just passed the time-related calls to Dom0, but that can't be the case because the times are different.

noselect?  inside the VM?

We are running on a Sun SunFire X4150.

George Magklaras wrote:
This page might offer some help:

http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/KnownOsIssues#Section_9.2.2.

To recap, we use the 'noselect' keyword to avoid the running ntpd on the client to attempt to sync with the defined servers and ntpq does not report any disturbing drifts on the client...and we do run ntpd normally (no 'noselect') on Dom0.

What happens (happened if you have already tried) if you try and do this? And what's your hardware platform?

GM