Re: Compile new kernel with same configuration

2010/8/18 "Francisco J. Márquez Gómez" <fjmarquez chguadalquivir es>

>  Hi,
>
> I've modified the value of a constant inside of kernel and now I need
> compile the kernel for use this modification.
>
> But I need that all configuration and kernel setting keep as in current
> kernel.
>
> How can I compile new kernel, apply same setting and select this kernel for
> run system with it?
>
> I'm using RHEL 5.5 with linux 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5 #1 SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux

You can find your current kernels config file that holds all the kernel
settings used for it when compiled in your /boot dir. Yours should be named
'config-2.6.18-194.8.1.el5' . Just compile your kernel with this config
file. This link should help you with the details:
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel