Proxy server: Squid + dansguardian

Rafa Griman rafagriman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 10:45:08 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Thomas von Steiger
<thomas.vonsteiger at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's about build this system virtual.
> In this case you can change the resources later if you need more.

Squid is quite HDD intensive so I wouldn't virtualize it. It also
benefits from all the memory you can give it.

If you're going to have a lot of rules then CPU should also be taken
into account: high frequency and high QPI.

For starters: get very fast drives (SAS with high RPM) and all the RAM
you can (1333 MHz).

HTH

   Rafa