Question about scheduled channel synchronization in Red Hat Satellite

Lucas, Brandon Brandon.Lucas at sscgp.com
Thu Jul 17 04:01:18 UTC 2014

Yes, that does seem rather obvious doesn't it. :)  I guess I had my mind stuck in a rut and convinced there has to be a configuration setting controlling how often the channel syncs.  I'll take a look at the documentation you sent through.

What I mean about my second question is that once I have joined the server to the new satellite environment it compares against any available errata and then I can run yum update to patch the client.

However, if I then run satellite-sync again to download new patches to the satellite server, the client never seems to detect them.  It continues to show "No Packages marked for Update" when I run "yum update".

It would seem that it would check in to the satellite server on a periodic basis and do a comparison to look for errata, but that isn't happening.