[redhat-lspp] Objects

Chris Wright chrisw at osdl.org
Mon Sep 19 22:47:12 UTC 2005

[Cc to keyring list]

* Steve Grubb (sgrubb at redhat.com) wrote:
> On Monday 19 September 2005 17:56, Janak Desai wrote:
> > I wonder if we can get away by not enforcing MAC on keys and explaining that
> > away in ST.
>
> I don't want to "get away" with something. This work is going to be certified
> over time by different accreditors that may have different interpretations
> and on non-Red Hat distros. I would like to think we've done a complete job
> when this is all done.

Evaluation includes complete TOE specification.  It's quite reasonable
to conclude that labelled keyring support is not required considering
its current usage.  However, we've informally agreed to add the LSM and
kerying infrastructure required to have labelled keyring support.  Just
hasn't made it that far up the priority list yet.

thanks,
-chris