[redhat-lspp] LSPP/RBACPP requirements v.002

Stephen Smalley sds at tycho.nsa.gov
Thu Sep 29 13:05:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 06:27 -0500, serue at us.ibm.com wrote:
> Wouldn't the important thing be the ability to quickly download just
> the selinux tests, and compile, load policy, and run tests, as
>
> 	make
> 	make load
> 	make test
>
> or something like that?  Is there actually some inherent value in
> using the perl Test module, such that we should consider going back
> to that?

I'm not certain whether this is true of the LTP tests or not, but with
the perl Test-based suite, after running the top-level make test and
seeing the summary of success/failures, I could drop into the individual
subdirectories of any failed test and run the script by hand there to
get more verbose output about the nature of the failure.  So the
testsuite could operate as a whole with summary data or as independent
units with greater detail, all using the same infrastructure.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency