[redhat-lspp] LSPP Development Telecon 04/10/2006 Minutes

Russell Coker rcoker at redhat.com
Mon Apr 17 13:24:59 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 13:58 -0700, Debora Velarde wrote:
> Russel working on secadm, sysadm, audit_adm

I've attached a patch that adds an auditadm role (along with a few other
policy changes I'm working on).

However audit administration requires root access, so now it seems to me
that we have a need for three accounts with UID==0, one for sysadm, one
for secadm, and one for auditadm.

Are we really on the right track with this?  If so we will need to get
useradd changed to support creating such accounts.  Having to run sed
on /etc/passwd after adding accounts is not a desirable way of doing it.