[redhat-lspp] LSPP Development Telecon 04/10/2006 Minutes

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Mon Apr 17 14:21:54 UTC 2006

On Monday 17 April 2006 09:24, Russell Coker wrote:
> However audit administration requires root access, so now it seems to me
> that we have a need for three accounts with UID==0, one for sysadm, one
> for secadm, and one for auditadm.

Accounts or roles ? :)

> Are we really on the right track with this?

I think so, but I also wonder if we need another password database for roles.
For example, groups can have passwords. There may be situations where we need
separate passwords for each of the roles.

> If so we will need to get useradd changed to support creating such
> accounts.

Semanage should have functionality added to it for adding passwords to roles
if we need it.

Thoughts...

-Steve