[redhat-lspp] LSPP Development Telecon 10/16/2006 Minutes

Venkat Yekkirala vyekkirala at trustedcs.com
Thu Oct 19 19:04:20 UTC 2006

> Okay, I guess we will just have to wait and see; I'm afarid
> this is still going
> to meet with disapproval

How do you know? You haven't even seen the new patchset
yet; even I haven't.

I hope you quit proxying for James.

> but hopefully not.
>  Just an FYI:
> once you post your
> updated patches I'm going to wait until James has had a
> chance to look them over
> before I respin the whole patchset and post to netdev (this
> also assumes the
> policy issues are squared away as well).
>
> > Once people are confused no more, they will have to take it
> > up with James (while watching out for you though :))
> > since James DID ack this approach once in the past and seems to
> > have since backed out mainly (from my POV) because of the prevailing
> > confusion coming mainly from you and Joshua.
>
> Venkat, please don't mistake my concerns as confusion.

I understand you have concerns of "understandability" (which BTW
is a very reasonable concern) and I am currently still working with
Josh to help him understand the subtleties and where we (I) were
coming from. It's really the users (Josh, Chris, Karl and others)
that will have to come up with suggestions on how to improve
"understandability" once they understand our side of the story.