[redhat-lspp] LSPP Development Telecon 01/15/2007 Minutes

Linda Knippers linda.knippers at hp.com
Tue Jan 16 20:37:28 UTC 2007

Excellent notes!  Just a question or two for KlausW, or anyone else
who wants to jump in.

I'm reading the discussion about xinetd and changing the default level
for regular users.  What isn't clear from the discussion is what the
actual problem is that we'd be working around.

There seems to be an issue with xinetd and ssh in the unlabeled
networking case.  Sounds like xinetd gets confused with the context?
Is the suggestion to have xinetd default to some level above systemlow,
which would be the same default level for normal users?  Sounds
reasonable that the two would have the same default but I don't
understand why it matters what the specific level is.  Is that
related to the mail from Casey, Joe and others about the default
level for existing MLS operating systems or is there a technical
issue with default level for regular users the way it is?

-- ljk