Migration of accounts from Solaris to Linux

Geoff Dolman geoff.dolman at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 8 08:32:02 UTC 2005

I've tried this and it didn't work. The route we used instead was
upgrade to samba 3 on the existing platform and then migrate from that
to a new machine with samba on the same revision. Copy over smbpasswd,
machine sid file, /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, /etc/group at minimum -
there may be other samba files you need if you have made nT group
accounts map to unix groups etc.