[rhelv6-beta-list] No tui network setup on server install

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Thu Jul 1 20:07:22 UTC 2010

I'm talking about Beta 2.
I did miss that in the release notes for Beta 1.

"In this Beta release, if a a network-based install is performed, the
installer will configure the target system with the network settings
used during installation. Otherwise, users will notice there is no way
in the graphical or text installer to configure their network interfaces
on the target system. In future pre-release versions of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 6, the user will be able to access the NetworkManager
configuration interface during installation. "

Now that I go back and reinstall, I see that there is indeed a
"Configure Network" button.

Thanks for pointing that out, I was getting worried.  Although I
personally almost always do a network install, some of our admins always
do a DVD install.  And if they had to configure their network settings
completely by hand, we were going to be in trouble.

Thanks
Troy