[rhelv6-beta-list] Is it possible to bump eclipse to a newer upstream version?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 21:14:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Kirby Zhou <kirbyzhou at sohu-rd.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to bump eclipse to a newer upstream version?
>

> Eclipse in RHEL-5 is still pinned at 3.2, it is too hard to use at the
> modern age.

Kirby, did you mean RHEL-5 or RHEL-6? This is the 6 beta list so I am confused

> Please bump it to a new version, such as Eclipse Helios.

Hi. For feature requests and such the order of getting them dealt with
seems to be the following

1) Made via TAM and/or sales contract
2) Made via bugzilla
3) ...
4) Made on mailing list.

The mailing list is mainly meant for getting technical information
dealt with. Getting features and such need to go through channels so
that it can be properly tracked.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.