[rhelv6-beta-list] RHEL6 Mailserver packages

Derek Yarnell derek at umiacs.umd.edu
Fri Jul 23 17:25:07 UTC 2010

On Jul 23, 2010, at 1:16 PM, Brian Long wrote:

> On 07/23/2010 11:29 AM, Scott Dowdle wrote:
>> In fairness there doesn't appear to be any Linux distro that has a good email server setup out of the box... although some are better than others in providing the raw materials via packages.  It is really quite sad.
>>
>> People are already using clamav whether Red Hat provides it or not.  I guess some folks are using more than one scanner... or maybe avoiding clamav altogether... and using one or more commercial products?
>
> I'd have to recommend IronPort.  ;-)

Not that I want to take away from Brian's recommendation, Barracuda networks is also a very economically reasonable choice.  We still utilize RHEL mail servers very effectively in our Email architecture in addition to our Barracudas.

Derek Yarnell
UNIX Systems Administrator
University of Maryland
Institute for Advanced Computer Studies