[rhelv6-list] Opinions on multi-head

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Thu Feb 23 00:04:06 UTC 2012

Howdy All -

I currently use a dual-head setup using a relatively inexpensive nVidia
Corporation G73 [GeForce 7300 GT] card. I use the DVI and the VGA cables
at the same time, and it works just fine. I can do wobbly windows and
spinny desktops and all that jazz (yeah, I like the eye candy, sue me).

I want to go to triple head. I am reasonably sure I can do it with e.g.
an NVidia Quadro NVS 450, but I am curious as to whether the driver will
do accelerated X? Three  monitors will be nice, but not if I lose
capabilities I have now with dual.

So... anyone got any experience with triple-head or beyond? Any advice
on NVidia Quadro vs. maybe ATI's offering?

I'd love to hear any stories - good or bad - about accelerated X on more
than two monitors.

Thomas