[rhelv6-list] LDAP without the cruft

Collins, Kevin [Contractor Acquisition Program] KCollins at chevron.com
Fri Jul 19 04:16:35 UTC 2013

Just as an FYI, the new model with nslcd makes for a much more resilient model when your LDAP server(s) have issues. In the prior model, if one LDAP server has an issue there is the potential for MANY processes to be directly impacted by timeouts. With the new model, only the nslcd process has to face the timeout...

If you have ever had to deal with those problems you will definitely appreciate nslcd :)

Kevin