[rhelv6-list] Info on network install with 10Gbit/s

jean-yves at lenhof.eu.org jean-yves at lenhof.eu.org
Tue Oct 15 14:20:17 UTC 2013

Le 2013-10-15 16:02, Gianluca Cecchi a écrit :
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Mertin, Joerg  wrote:
>> Get a Driver Disk from the manufacturer of the network card, and
>> install the RedHat system using dd (Tells it to use a driver disk).
>
> Yes, I was thinking abut it too, as the Intel ixgbe driver seems far
> ahead, at least in version....
> Never tried to embed use of dd in automated install via kickstart, so
> I don't know if it is possible and how to do it...
> Any tip welcome

Hi,

driverdisk seems to be the keyword you're looking for :

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/fr-FR/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html

You'll probably need to copy the driver on a local disk (unless the
network can be started even if not perfect to access via htttp the
driverdisk)

Regards,

JYL