[rhelv6-list] rhelv6-list Digest, Vol 44, Issue 4

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Fri Jun 13 19:46:09 UTC 2014

> I created a case in December when the beta was released and got very
> vague answers and didn't have time to deal with it.  It seems that you
> can no longer use an activation key unless you have SAM.  This looks to
> be licensed separately which is hilarious that you have to pay manage
> the licenses that you already payed for.  I have re-opened that case but
> wanted to ask others what they have been doing with this.

I'm right there with you regarding frustration about this.

We *are* a Satellite user, so in many ways we have it even worse than
you do.  It's not clear to me what Red Hat expects current Satellite
customers to do.

So far,

 	https://access.redhat.com/site/articles/887923

is the best catch-all document I've seen, relating to differences and
trouble spots that people are having.  I have, however, been completely
unable to find any documentation on what current Satellite customers
are supposed to do regarding the new subscription management requirement
for 7.

Even if RHEL 7 turns out to be well-engineered from the start, Red Hat
really dropped the ball on the communication component.

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)