[rhelv6-list] Kickstart for RHEL7 full install

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri Mar 7 07:28:48 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 2:15 AM, Romu <huruomu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Bryan,
> Do we have a RHEL documentation or anaconda bug for this issue now?

Did you open a Bugzilla?  Or find an existing entry? [1]

My apologies if English is a second language, and my American'isms did
not come out well.  I.e., when I previously state "I'd file ... a
bug," that should read ...

  "If I were you, I would file ... a bug."

As always, search Bugzilla for an existing report to reduce the need
to find duplicates by maintainers, especially across different
components (e.g., documentation v. anaconda) with different
maintainers or even departments.  But at least submit a bug if and
when you find something.

If you have a Customer Access Portal account with a subscription that
includes support and Service Level Agreements (SLAs), definitely open
a case there instead.  The value of a subscription is priority access
to overtasked engineering and other, limited resources.

But any and all bug reports are always and greatly appreciated.  There
are many long-standing threads on how even users of Enterprise
downstream releases (e.g., CentOS, Scientific Linux, etc...) are
extremely helpful and always greatly appreciated when it comes to
filing Bugzilla entries.

-- bjs

P.S.  If you need assistance in using Bugzilla for the first time, hit
me off-list.

Long story short, I will always take the time to help anyone file
their first Bugzilla.  I just don't always do it (open the bug) for
them for various reasons.  This includes the reality that when
maintainers do follow up on an issue I wasn't privy to personally, and
haven't reproduced, like the original bug catcher.  I.e., I cannot
never provide the same feedback and helpfulness as the original bug
catcher.  However, I do _always_ add myself to the Bugzilla's CC list
so I can assist in any follow-ups.

[1] http://bugzilla.redhat.com

--
Bryan J Smith - UCF '97 Engr - http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith
"In a way, Bortles is the personification of the UCF football