[rhn-users] missing redhat-config* packages

Carlos Bermudez cberm003 at fiu.edu
Tue Apr 20 02:49:57 UTC 2004

I just recently upgraded to RHEL AS from Rehat 9 and I was
very dissapointed to find that many of the redhat-config*
utilities are missing, in particular the
redhat-config-securitylevel, redhat-config utility for
samba and redhat-config-pakages.  Though I realize I may
make changes manually sometimes I dont' have time to look
up the syntax for the various rules or edit the config files,
then when i was reading the RHEL, documentation I read a
section on using the rehat-config-securitylevel tool.
What gives?  are these packages still available or not?  I
used up2date --installall --channel=....    to install all
available packages and I still don't have it, and i've also
searchedthrough rhn to find the individual packages and
through the .iso's to no avail.  I don't know if it makes
any difference but I purchased RHEL AS "academic edition"
I would be very dissapointed to find that these tools were
specifically left out of this version.  Any feedback would
be greatly appreciated,
thanks in advance.