[rhn-users] Space Available on Hard Drives

redhat redhat at lokrin.net
Tue Dec 7 13:10:02 UTC 2004

Mike Duffy wrote:

>Please help with a basic newbie question:
>
>How do I view the space available on my hard drives?
>
>Is there some sort of view tool that I am just not finding?
>
>I am using RHL 9.0
>
>BTW it is very difficult to google for a phrase that contains "hard drive", way too much come
>back.
>
>Thx.
>
>Mike

Are you running a GUI like KDE or Gnome?

Under your main menu, click on SYSTEM TOOLS > HARDWARE BROWSER. It will
take a little time to check your system and find everything.  After
that, just click on HARD DRIVES (or FLOPPY DRIVES) and you will see a
nice bargraph with details below it.

(I just wish the USB section would give mount points like /dev/ttyUSB1 ...)