[rhn-users] Space Available on Hard Drives

John Markunas John.M.Markunas at williams.edu
Tue Dec 7 21:49:38 UTC 2004

Hi

	df -h

Sincerely
John Markunas
System Administrator
Office of Information Technology
Williams College
413-597-3567(D)
413-822-2928(C)
413-597-4276(F)

-----Original Message-----
From: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com] On
Behalf Of redhat
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 8:10 AM
To: Red Hat Network Users List
Subject: Re: [rhn-users] Space Available on Hard Drives

Mike Duffy wrote:

>Please help with a basic newbie question:
>
>How do I view the space available on my hard drives?
>
>Is there some sort of view tool that I am just not finding?
>
>I am using RHL 9.0
>
>BTW it is very difficult to google for a phrase that contains "hard
>drive", way too much come back.
>
>Thx.
>
>Mike

Are you running a GUI like KDE or Gnome?

Under your main menu, click on SYSTEM TOOLS > HARDWARE BROWSER. It will take
a little time to check your system and find everything.  After that, just
click on HARD DRIVES (or FLOPPY DRIVES) and you will see a nice bargraph
with details below it.

(I just wish the USB section would give mount points like /dev/ttyUSB1 ...)