[rhn-users] Horrendous Memory Leak???

Kenneth Sarno kmsarno at verizon.net
Fri Dec 10 21:27:16 UTC 2004

At 12:22 PM 12/10/2004, you wrote:

>Maybe try top -s from a command line and once it starts, type M, to order
>it by Memory Usage.  This may help track down the problem.

It certainly provides a clue, but not a solution. In the "Mem" section of
the top display, the "buff" number goes up by 24k every 5 seconds (even
when you tell top to refresh every 2 seconds). Something's getting buffers
and not returning them? I removed the GbE net driver module from the kernel
and the problem continues. I'm afraid to remove the sata drivers because I
don't want to destroy my raid. I unmounted and stopped the raid, no change.
No processes appear to be growing in size, but I'll let it run for a couple
of days to see if that changes.

Thank you for your suggestion.

--Ken S.