[rhn-users] RH ES3 Update Packages are generally older/obsolete?

Todd Warner taw at redhat.com
Wed Dec 15 02:23:00 UTC 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, James Bourne wrote:

> Hi List,
>

> (Please correct me if this the wrong list for these sort of issues).
>

> I'm concerned that some of the patches / updates offered by RHN for ES 3 are
> detrimental from a functionality perspective? The main three we have issues
> with are:

Red Hat generally backports fixes and security issues to the older
packages in order to reduce churn within an enterprise release. That
being said, if you have a concern I would contact support (or maybe
sales) and notify them of your concerns. And to answer your first
question, yes, this is more or less not the most perinent mailing list
for your question. It's really something you should field with one of
the more general Linux mailing lists and definately follow up with it to
support.

-taw

--
 /odd Warner                                    <taw@{redhat,pobox}.com>