[rhn-users] problems with rhn_register... but only insomecases...

Murat Isik muratisik at megatek.com.tr
Tue Mar 2 07:35:26 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have the very similar problem pn a box that uses no proxy, firewall and so on. It is directly connected to the net and with default rhn_register settings the command rhn_register gives these errors after I try to sign in:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/sbin/rhn_register", line 233, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/sbin/rhn_register", line 214, in main
    tui.main()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/register/tui.py", line 1042, in main
    tui.run()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/register/tui.py", line 986, in run
    win = self.windows[index](self.screen, self)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/register/tui.py", line 567, in __init__
    tui.hardware = hardware.Hardware()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/register/hardware.py", line 374, in Hardware
    ret = read_network()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/register/hardware.py", line 296, in read_network
    hostname, ipaddr = findHostByRoute()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/register/hardware.py", line 276, in findHostByRoute
    hostname = socket.gethostbyaddr(intf)[0]
socket.error: host not found

I logged into the redhat site with our enterprise customer id and password, yet I found no solution within the site expect for the regular ssl related up2date upgrades. When you say "help from Redhat" do you mean you contacted them by mail or some and got help directly? Or did you use some part of the customer site I could not find?

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day.