[rhn-users] problems with rhn_register... but only insome OBcases...

Todd Warner taw at redhat.com
Tue Mar 2 16:29:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Evert Meulie wrote:

> I contacted them via their Web support. Logged the case there...
>
> Anyway... Since their reply doesn't say anything about me not being allowed
> to share its information:

> There is a current bug with registration un AS2.1 that are behind a proxy.
>
> On the machine that show the problem, try to use the following rhn_register
> rpm:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/bnocera/rhn_register/

Yup! Known issue. The erratum is creeeeeping through our errata process.
*sigh* I wish this was out sooner, your comments should help expedite
the process :). I have forwarded the thread to the powers that be.

The above packages will fix the problem but they are not "official"
packages just yet.

AS2.1 only by the way!

--
 /odd Warner                                    <taw@{redhat,pobox}.com>