[rhn-users] NFS not starting

Dana Carrington Carrington.Dana at mayo.edu
Wed Mar 17 20:30:56 UTC 2004

Attempting /etc/init.d/nfs start yields:
Starting NFS services:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting NFS quotas: Cannot register service: RPC: Unable to receive;
errno = Connection refused
rpc.rquotad: unable to register (RQUOTAPROG, RQUOTAVERS, udp).
                                                           [FAILED]
Starting NFS daemon:

and then it hangs at that point.

chkconfig --list nfs
nfs             0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
chkconfig --list nfslock
nfslock         0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

rpm -qa | grep nfs
nfs-utils-0.3.3-7.21AS

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve the problem?  I saw a bug
submission on redhat showing the same output but honestly at this point I
feel like it might be something I'm missing more than a bug.

Thanks.

--
-Dana

Dana Carrington