[rhn-users] up2date

Andy Wallace linxit at ntlworld.com
Tue May 18 21:11:45 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 20:31, q hu wrote:
> I ran line command "up2date -u" on one of our remote
> servers after emptying pkgskiplist in order to update
> all packages including kernel from RedHat network.
> After updates, pciutils package is still in the
> categery of 'The Following Packages were marked to be
> skipped by your configuration'. But in the
> configuration, pkgskiplist is empty. Could someone
> tell me why pciutils package is still marked to be
> skipped and how to update it remotely using line
> command ?  We are using RedHat Linux 2.1 AS
> (2.4.9-e.27enterprise) and try to update it to
> 2.4.9-e.40enterprise.
>
> Thanks !
>
> QHu

There's another option which prevents packages from being upgraded,
which I believe is on by default:

It's called noReplaceConfig if you run up2date-nox --configure, or in
the GUI version it's under the Retrieval/Installation tab as "Do not
upgrade packages when configuration file has been modified"

Andy