[rhn-users] RHN not recognizing necessary patches

Norman Elton wnelto at net.wm.edu
Wed May 26 14:58:03 UTC 2004

Help!

For the past few weeks, when I login to RHN, all of my machines appear
up to date (they have the blue checkmark), however, I'm getting e-mails
stating that they all need patches. Using RHN, I verify that specific
RPMs are installed and out of date, yet, the Errata screen shows
nothing.

If I run "up2date -p" to refresh the package profile, everything starts
working again and I can push out errata. Unfortunately, the next time
an errata comes out, I am forced to refresh the profile again before
RHN will recognize that the machine is out of date.

I've called tech support, customer service, posted a bugzilla bug, used
the RHN feedback form, and posted this issue on the general RedHat
mailing list. Nobody has been able to help.

Is anyone else seeing similar issues? I'm at my wit's end on this. If
things don't start working, I'll have to cancel my RedHat entitlements
and move elsewhere.

Norman

Norman Elton
College of William & Mary