[rhn-users] Software RAID 1 recovery - Primary/master dead

jespinoza at recordnet.com jespinoza at recordnet.com
Tue Nov 2 02:29:56 UTC 2004

Folks,

I need some assistance getting our secondary/slave drive to mount and
startup. It's originally setup with RAID 1 configuration running Red Hat
Enterprise 3 ES. Both drives are IDE configured as md0=/boot md1=swap and
md2=/.

We had a power outage that killed our master drive, it doesn't boot or
startup. Our slave drive seems to be ok, so we made it the master drive. Now
all I get on the secondary drive when it boots up is a grub configuration.

I've searched everywhere on how-to recover when losing the master drive but
found very little help. It seems like I need to re-configure the mbr record
for the secondary drive. Could anyone point me to the right direction?

Thanks,

Jesse