[rhn-users] Software RAID 1 recovery - Primary/master dead

Jesse Espinoza jespinoza at recordnet.com
Wed Nov 3 01:08:27 UTC 2004

Problem solved.

Just in case anyone ever runs into the same problem. I found the following
RAID How to that got me going:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO.html

Section 7.3 allowed be to make secondary drive bootable. The 'device'
command like the notes state failed on RHEL ES3 but the root and setup
commands worked followed by a reboot. Then the system started normally.

grub
grub>root (hd0,0)
grub>setup (hd0)
grub>reboot