[rhn-users] Newbie

lin77sys lin77sys at yahoo.it
Thu Nov 4 13:12:02 UTC 2004

I don't remember so well. However, when I made up2date for the first time made some hacking before.

I first registered an account on the web site of redhat network. Then, I realized that into the software package was written to register the product. So I registered the product on-line using the account below.

Then I run up2date on my host but first I had to indicate with the name of my proxy. After that I received a e-mail from redhat which I replied to.

At last all worked out!

Bye.

Corné Beerse <cbeerse at lycos.nl> wrote:
Vázquez Rocha Ulises wrote:

> I am really newbie in Linux. I have registered my subscription, but I
> cannot found where to down load some patches, the search engine just
> does not find any patch with the name entered.

During installation (rougly at the end) you might have enlisted for `up2date`.

> Any idea on how to use the Red Hat Network site?

Its all in the tool `up2date`. Start `up2date-config` to configure it for you,
then run `up2date` once in a while.

btw: at the bottom of the screen, there is a red, green or blue, round button.
Press that to start up2date.

CBee