[rhn-users] RPM.

Manuela Lo Bosco lin77sys at yahoo.it
Wed Oct 6 15:29:06 UTC 2004

Alfred Hovdestad <alfred.hovdestad at usask.ca> wrote:
I used to do the same thing for upgrades download the new rpm's to a
single machine and install on other machines from there. I don't have  the script that I used to use, but IIRC what I did was

rpm -Fvh /mnt/point/*

Thanks Alfred, I also used rpm -Fvh too. Infact if the package is not installed it doesn't do anything but if it is installed it upgrades. But it doesn't work as I expected because: for upgrading package bind, for example, I was forced to erase the old version and reinstall the new version. This in not an automatically work as I would like to have but I must do single commands to resolve this case and the dependency problems. I am feared that I must spend much time to exchange CD with the updates from one server to another.

I have all the RPMs on /var/spool/up2date.

Bye