[rhn-users] Ctrl-Alt-F7 for switch to GNOME is not working

elimachi at datacom.com.bo elimachi at datacom.com.bo
Thu Oct 14 00:16:05 UTC 2004

Hi list:

I´m working with RedHat 7.3 Linux box, all was working well until tha last
week, as root I could to switch from virtual-terminal to Graphical
interface pressing Ctrl-Alt-F7. However now (I don´t know why) when I
press Ctrl-Alt-F7 my screen is blank (black). Only when I type "startx"
from the shell on some virtual-terminal (TTY1 for example) I can see
Graphical GNOME screen, but that TTY shell is unusable after run that
command and only I can see some error messages about xscreesaver.

I don´t know what could be the problem and I don´t know how troubleshoot
it. I´ll appreciate your help to isolate the problem to discard any
problem with xscreesaver.

Thank you and best regards,

EDWIN LIMACHI N.
ENTEL - Operaciones y Mantenimiento