[rhn-users] cyrus-sasl not seen by redhat-config-packages

Rob Carlson rob at vees.net
Thu Oct 14 15:27:44 UTC 2004

Running a fresh install of RHES3, 2.4.21-20.ELsmp.

I ran an up2date manually yesterday, which installed the security
update for cyrus-sasl.  Today I need to install the development
packages on this machine to do a build from source, so I run
redhat-config-packages to install off the ISO.

After selecting Development Tools and clicking  Update, it says that it
cannot locate cyrus-sasl and cannot continue until the package is
installed.

Running 'rpm -q cyrus-sasl' returns "cyrus-sasl-2.1.15-10" as
installed, and an 'rpm --rebuilddb' has no effect.  Running up2date now
says that all packages are up to date.

Rob Carlson  rob at vees.net  http://vees.net/