[rhn-users] Linksys wireless-B card and Mandrake laptop

Jesse Becker jbecker at northwestern.edu
Fri Oct 29 20:31:51 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 11:13:16AM -0700, Mureika, Jonas wrote:
> I'm having difficulty configuring my Makdrake OS (on a laptop) to interface with a Linksys wireless-B.  If anyone can provide pointers or a link to a tutorial, I'd appreciated it.  Thanks.

Generally, more information is needed in order troubleshoot problems like
this.  What kernel?  What model, specifically, of the wifi card?  Error
messages, etc.

The somewhat definiative Linux wireless page is:
	http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/

There are links to other good resources from there.

Also, as other have pointed out, this is, technically, a Red Hat list
as opposed to Mandrake.  There are similarities between the two, and
we could probably bludgeon our way though configuration on Mandrake,
but it won't be pretty, elegant, or The Mandrake Way.

--
Jesse Becker
GPG-fingerprint: BD00 7AA4 4483 AFCC 82D0  2720 0083 0931 9A2B 06A2