[rhn-users] Update 3 - gnome problems

Shawn Protsman SProtsman at isoft.com
Fri Sep 3 17:18:43 UTC 2004

After using up2date to update to '3' I rebooted, logged in (gnome) and
nothing was visable.  It was pretty trashed.  I then logged in with KDE
and the following two dialog boxes appeared:

1: An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information
for eggcups. Some of your configuration settings may not work properly.

Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that
you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS
locks due to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/
for information. (Details -  1: IOR file
'/home/sprotsman/.gconfd/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd
located: No such file or directory 2: IOR file
'/home/sprotsman/.gconfd/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd
located: No such file or directory)

2: An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information
for rhn-applet. Some of your configuration settings may not work
properly.

Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that
you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS
locks due to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/
for information. (Details -  1: IOR file
'/home/sprotsman/.gconfd/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd
located: No such file or directory 2: IOR file
'/home/sprotsman/.gconfd/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd
located: No such file or directory)

Ideas?

Regards,
Shawn