[rhn-users] Installing RH on a second Hard Disk

Nick Nobbe nick at fita.org
Thu Sep 23 18:22:30 UTC 2004

Disk 2 is hdb (maybe). And you want to install your OS (Red Hat, Suse) on this disk. RH will give you an option for the disk. And you want Grub to recognize disk 1 (hypothetically, /dev/hda) as the main disk. That's it. Oh, yes. You should be sure to make a bootable floppy for the new Linux, and use it to test grub.

HTH,
 Nick