[rhn-users] QLA2300 as boot device

Michael Weber mweber at alliednational.com
Mon Sep 27 14:14:31 UTC 2004

Anyone running RH 3.0 ES and booting from the SAN using a QLA2300 card?

The instructions on how to create a device driver disk to load during
the installation requires that I have a fully operational system.  Not
an easy task on a server with no hard drives!

Does anyone have the correct driver disk they could e-mail to me?

BTW, I called QLogic and they only send out the driver source code.
They said that they do not understand why I need a compiled driver to
install with.  (I recommended they watch the movie Catch-22".)

Thanx!

-Michael

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This communication and any
attached or enclosed files may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, proprietary and/or
otherwise protected from disclosure under applicable
law ("Confidential Information").  Any review,
retransmission, publication, dissemination,
distribution, forwarding, printing, copying, storing, saving
or other use or disclosure of this communication and/or the
Confidential Information, or taking any action in reliance
thereon, by an individual or entity other than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.

This communication and the Confidential Information are
intended solely for the use of the individual(s) and/or
entity(ies) to which this communication is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient(s) (or responsible
for delivery to said recipient(s)), please be advised
that you have received this communication in error and
have an obligation to promptly inform the sender by reply
e-mail or facsimile and to permanently delete, shred or
otherwise destroy, in its entirety, this original communication
and all copies thereof, whether in electronic or hard copy format.