[rhn-users] ntp parameter to reduce update interval

Brian T. Brunner brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
Tue Apr 5 14:39:56 UTC 2005

The commands are
ntpdc to control ntpd
ntpd which is a service (chkconfig --list | grep ntpd)
/etc/rc.d/init.d/ntpd (the service script) has much useful information
/etc/ntp.conf is the main control point
the man pages are html files distributed with ntp

Unfortunately the 'normal' man pages are non-existent.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

>>> dist-list at LEXUM.UMontreal.CA 04/05/05 09:51AM >>>
Hello,
 From time to time I have to force all our servers to query ntp server
to get the clock back in time.

Which option do I have to tune in ntpd.conf (on server or on clients) to
force clients to update their clock more often ?

thanks !