[rhn-users] RHEL 2.1

GREG WOJTAK GWOJTAK at salliemae.com
Wed Apr 6 16:37:54 UTC 2005

Have you removed any RPM's that you thought were unnecesary?  It is
possible that the man rpm requires some other rpm that may have been
removed to function correctly.  Just a thought...

Greg

>>> alfred.hovdestad at usask.ca 4/6/2005 11:29:19 AM >>>
Hi:

Is anyone aware of a fix for the man pages in RHEL 2.1?  If I do a man

trap in RHEL 2.1, I get the following error:

<standard input>:14: realpath on `bash.1' failed: No such file or
directory

I managed to find a workaround by changing the .so command on
/usr/share/man/man1/builtins.1.gz from '.so bash.1' to
'.so man1/bash.1'

I found that I also had to unzip /usr/share/man/man1/bash.1.gz in order

for man to find the bash.1 file.

I checked RHN and I didn't find any updates for man or bash.  Has
anyone
else encountered a similar problem?  The problem has been fixed in RHEL
3.0.

   Alfred Hovdestad
   University of Saskatchewan