[rhn-users] print queues not clearing out

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Wed Apr 6 21:28:41 UTC 2005

We are using a linux computer  as print server  for our department.
The server is at
2.4.21-27.0.2.EL.   samba and cups are the software products that we
are using.

The print queues on the Windows do not clear as jobs are printed.  The
jobs move off the linux  queue ok; ie. "lpq" shows no jobs.  We find
that we have to restart smb  and cups  to clear the queues on the
Windows  computers so that they can print.    What do I have set up
incorrectly?

We have Windows 98, 2000, NT, XP Home and XP editions running within
the department.