[rhn-users] RPM Not Processing - Not Using CPU

Alfred Hovdestad alfred.hovdestad at usask.ca
Mon Apr 18 21:28:09 UTC 2005

There are a couple of things that you can try.  First, clean out the
temporary files and rebuild the rpm db:

# rm /var/lib/rpm/__db*
# rpm --rebuilddb

The easiest way to install a package that was not part of the original
install is to use up2date:

# up2date samba

up2date will work out the dependencies for you and download all of the
required packages.  It will also download the latest version of the
package which is sometimes necessary if you have updated some of the
prerequisite packages.

If you do not have access to RHN, then you can install from your
distribution but you will have to work out the dependencies.

    Alfred Hovdestad
    University of Saskatchewan