[rhn-users] how to disable kernel from processing incoming and outgoing packets??

Ashmi Bhanushali ashmib at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 17:47:07 UTC 2005

hi all...

i m trying to do the following...

i m going to use static route .. i m writing a program which processes
the incoming packets on one (fixed) ethernet card and forwards it on
another (fixed) ethernet card... i m using PF_PACKET for this
purpose...

and  my problem is that along with packets forwarded by my program the
kernel is also forwarding the packets.... so the machine at next hop
gets 2 copies instead of 1...

i want kernel to stop processing the packets but i also want it to
pass the packets to my program... i dont even want it to generate ARP
when it does not know the route to destination... i.e. i just want it
to pass the packet to my program and forget everything about
processing the packet on its own...

can anyone tell me how to solve this prob??

thanks in advance...

ashmi