[rhn-users] what happened to all the packages with redhat ES?

Michael Grice grice at berbee.com
Wed Feb 9 18:09:10 UTC 2005

* Greg Ryan <greg.ryan at gmail.com> [050209 11:40] wrote:
> What happened to mysql-server and php-snmp rpms? I seem to be able to
> find them for all other redhat distro's. Funny that I finally try to
> switch off of redhat 9 and I can't get the packages that I need. I
> really don't want to compile these, does anyone have any suggestions?

Look in the Extras channel:

https://rhn.redhat.com/network/software/packages/details.pxt?pid=280388

The RPM's on the mysql site should work, too. The potential advantage
there is that you could use later versions of mysql (i.e., 4.x).

What really threw me was postgres, which is in there as rh-postgresql
(and which doesn't turn up on a search for "postgre").
--Michael