[rhn-users] force user to change password on first login

Raj Kumar rajkum2002 at rediffmail.com
Sat Feb 19 18:03:16 UTC 2005

Hello again!

Sorry for too many emails... just another thought occurred to me... the application developers might have implemented "sshd" differently from "su" implementation. su probably recognizes the error that password was expired and calls the "password" module. but sshd may just return when auth returns an error message... does anyone follow me? my guess is the sshd daemon you are having might be different. The sshd version on the linux server is:
openssh-server-3.6.1p2-33.30.3

su-->/etc/pam.d/su
ssh-client-->ssh daemon-->/etc/pam.d/sshd

since /etc/pam.d/su and /etc/pam.d/sshd are almost identical (to my eyes) I guess the problem is with ssh-daemon...

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks! Have a nice weekend everyone!!
Raj