[rhn-users] Install Windows 2003 server on top of Linux ES for dual boot.

cheekin cheekin at chronos.com.my
Mon Feb 21 02:55:16 UTC 2005

Hi there,

Is there anyone can tell me the best way to install a windows 2003 server on an existing Linux Enterprise ES? My
system consists of only one hard-disk with 45 GB free space.

I understand that for dual-boot windows and linux, the easy way out is to install windows first and linux next. But if i need to install windows on a pre-install linux, what will be my alternative? The windows 2003 installation CD keep refuse to install because it complain cannot found a windows partition although i try to install it on  my free space. My linux is made up of a few partition for /tmp, /home, /usr, /var etc. Do i need to delete these partition to make way for windows, but i don't want to lost my existing linux either.

Please help me.