[rhn-users] Unable to boot with more than 4GB of RAM

Mei.Zhang at alltel.com Mei.Zhang at alltel.com
Thu Jul 21 19:05:42 UTC 2005

You may need 64bit rhel

what is PAE enabled kernel?

-----Original Message-----
From: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com]On Behalf Of Serge Bianda
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 3:01 PM
To: rhn-users at redhat.com
Subject: [rhn-users] Unable to boot with more than 4GB of RAM

Hello,

I had three machines that we migrated from SuSE 9 to RHEL 3 ES, and Under SuSE the amount of memory was showing correctly as 6GB, but under RHEL when I do a dmesg I get the following report:

 Warning only 4GB will be used.

Use a PAE enabled kernel.

Any Ideay on how to resolve that and have RHEL ustilize the maximum memory? I have the following kernel loaded: 2.4.21-27.ELsmp

Thanks

Serge

The information contained in this message, including attachments, may contain
privileged or confidential information that is intended to be delivered only to the
person identified above. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, ALLTEL requests
that you immediately notify the sender and asks that you do not read the message or its
attachments, and that you delete them without copying or sending them to anyone else.