[rhn-users] Unable to boot with more than 4GB of RAM

Doerbeck, Christoph Christoph.Doerbeck at FMR.COM
Thu Jul 21 20:21:16 UTC 2005

	From: Mei.Zhang at alltel.com [mailto:Mei.Zhang at alltel.com]
	Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 3:06 PM
	To: rhn-users at redhat.com
	Subject: RE: [rhn-users] Unable to boot with more than 4GB of

		-----Original Message-----
		From: rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:rhn-users-bounces at redhat.com]On Behalf Of Serge Bianda
		Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 3:01 PM
		To: rhn-users at redhat.com
		Subject: [rhn-users] Unable to boot with more than 4GB
of RAM

		Hello,

		I had three machines that we migrated from SuSE 9 to
RHEL 3 ES, and Under SuSE the amount of memory was showing correctly as
6GB, but under RHEL when I do a dmesg I get the following report:

		 Warning only 4GB will be used.

		Use a PAE enabled kernel.

		Any Ideay on how to resolve that and have RHEL ustilize
the maximum memory? I have the following kernel loaded: 2.4.21-27.ELsmp

		Thanks

		Serge

******************
	The information contained in this message, including
attachments, may contain
	privileged or confidential information that is intended to be
delivered only to the
	person identified above. If you are not the intended recipient,
or the person
	responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient, ALLTEL requests
	that you immediately notify the sender and asks that you do not
read the message or its
	attachments, and that you delete them without copying or sending
them to anyone else.